Some of you might be confused as to why I am discussing heavy topics like work and travel but posting photos of cute outfits in fun places. But why does it even cross our minds that we should be bland if we want to be taken seriously as career women? There's more to each one of us and it's ok to own that.
My primary goal is to be an example to other women that it's ok to be multi-dimensional and get all that you want out of life while having a serious career. I may be a very serious person at work, but I am a creative person on the inside who has other priorities in life too. No one would ever know that about me if I kept this blog as drab as possible and only focused on the career aspect of life.
You will see cute pictures and clothes because:
- Fashion excites me and allows me to explore my creative side. Rather than letting it manifest itself as a shopping addiction, I’d like to do a little more with it as an expression of art.
- It’s a way for me to promote the talents of photographers and small fashion/artisan brands. You'll see me wearing things from big brands like J.Crew of course, but I try to minimize those to let the little boutiques shine! Freelancers and homegrown startups have a special place in my heart.
- Finally, my photos/outfits are visually pleasing to the eye which draws more readers in to hear my message!
If that's true, why am I linking to items for you to buy?
Firstly, it is my pet peeve when I see something online that I need to own then spend forever trying to figure out what it was, where it can be bought, etc. I don’t want to put any of my readers through that agony and waste of time, so I’m including links to everything I can! I'm also learning a lot about the blogger/influencer business. Playing around with affiliate links has been a way for me to experiment with monetizing the blog if I want to get serious about that down the line. Since I am investing a lot of time and money into it, these are things I should be at least be exploring for the future. I want to keep it in the background for now as I'm very focused on reaching the right people with my message that inner confidence and authenticity is everything. There are so many other women you can relate to, and you're not alone in the grind!
If you're thinking about starting a blog, interested in collaborations or just want to chat, feel free to contact me!
If you liked this post and want to stay in the know, don't forget to:
- Subscribe to my email list at the bottom of this page
- Check out my other blog posts here
- Add me on Snapchat: amberillig
- Follow me on Instagram: @hereforafew
- Like my Facebook page: Here for a Few